Student News Daily (SND) is a site that provides, as the name suggests, current news and information to students. It provides almost no original content but instead links to stories from a wide range of external news sources as diverse as Reuters and The Epoch Times. Additionally, SND provides questions for the student after the articles are intended to promote critical thinking on the issues. Due to the diverse variety of news sources, the articles’ factual content and political bias range from very high to very low. Although there is a slight preference for Right Center news sources, SND’s bias is most evident in its Recommended Sites list. The list of links is primarily Right Center, Right Bias, or government fact sites. This, coupled with the slight Right Center slant in the article selection, earns SND a Right-Center rating.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years, but several sources used have failed fact checks.
Overall, we rate Student News Daily Right-Center biased based on the use of more right-leaning sources. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than high due to the use of sources with failed fact checks. (D. Kelley 4/8/2017) Updated (4/25/2021)
Last Updated on April 25, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds