These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias, but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate ScienceBlogs Left-leaning in bias and Pro-science based on evidence-based science reporting.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
ScienceBlogs is an invitation-only blog network and virtual community. It was created by Seed Media Group in 2006 to enhance the public understanding of science. Each blog has its own theme, specialty, and author(s) and is not subject to editorial control. Authors include active scientists working in industry, universities, and medical schools as well as college professors, physicians, professional writers, graduate students, and post-docs. The website does not have an about page.
Funded by / Ownership
ScienceBlogs is now owned by Science 2.0 Corp, which is a nonprofit dedicated to science journalism. Revenue is derived through advertising and donations.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Scienceblogs publishes science news in the categories LIFE SCIENCES, PHYSICAL SCIENCES, ENVIRONMENT, SOCIAL SCIENCES, EDUCATION, POLICY, MEDICINE, BRAIN & BEHAVIOR, TECHNOLOGY and FREE THOUGHT. Most articles are written by Science bloggers and some are republished from websites such as The Conversation. They also link from Science 2.0 and the Science Codex. All stories are well-sourced.
Editorially, they frequently reported negatively on former President Trump due to his views on science.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years.
Overall, we rate ScienceBlogs Left-leaning in bias and Pro-science based on evidence-based science reporting. (D. Van Zandt 1/19/2017) Updated (1/29/2021)
Last Updated on January 29, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. Covid-19 Cases Top 7-Day Average Of 100,000 For First Time Since Februaryby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 8:44 am