These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate the Resilience Left Biased based on very strong left-leaning environmental positions and Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of obscure unknown sources as well as disagreements with the consensus of science regarding GMOs.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
According to their about page “Resilience.org aims to support building community resilience in a world of multiple emerging challenges: the decline of cheap energy, the depletion of critical resources like water, complex environmental crises like climate change and biodiversity loss, and the social and economic issues which are linked to these.” They are affiliated with the Post Carbon Institute, which is a “think tank that provides information and analysis on climate change, energy scarcity, and other issues related to sustainability and long term social resilience.” Post Carbon Institute was founded by Julian Darley (President) and Celine Rich (Executive Director) in 2003.
Funded by / Ownership
Resilience is funded through donations and owned by the Post Carbon Institute, which is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and is based in Santa Rosa, California, United States.
Analysis / Bias
Resilience mostly republishes environmental news stories from other sources, as well as a few original stories. Republished stories come from a wide variety of known media sources to obscure blogs that have not been checked for factual reporting. While Resilience occasionally reports on news from a right-leaning perspective, almost all come from the left, with the general theme of striving for the Post Carbon Institute’s goal of a 100% reduction of carbon dioxide. Resilience also publishes an occasional political article that typically favors the left such as this: Between Trump and a Devastated Place.
Overall, we rate the Resilience Left Biased based on very strong left-leaning environmental positions and Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of obscure unknown sources as well as disagreements with the consensus of science regarding GMOs. (D. Van Zandt 8/28/2018)
Last Updated on October 16, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am