Questionable Reasoning: Propaganda, Conspiracy, Poor Sourcing, Failed Fact Checks, Lack of Transparency, Imposter Website
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2016, the RAIR Foundation USA (Rise Align Ignite Reclaim) is an anonymously owned and published conservative news and opinion website. According to their about page, RAIR is “a grassroots activist organization comprised of everyday Americans leading a movement to reclaim our Republic from the network of individuals and organizations waging war on Americans, our Constitution, our borders and our Judeo-Christian values.”
The website lacks transparency as they don’t disclose their location, name editors, or clearly describe ownership.
Funded by / Ownership
RAIR Foundation lacks transparency as they do not openly disclose ownership. One must navigate to their Terms of Service page to see RAIR Foundation USA, LLC, owns them. Donations and an online store that sells branded merchandise generate revenue. As a foundation, you would expect financial disclosures, but they do not provide them.
Analysis / Bias
The RAIR Foundation USA is a conservative activist group that promotes news commentary from a conservative perspective. Articles and headlines often feature highly emotional wording such as this EXPOSED: Doctors Receive ‘Perverse’ Monetary Incentives to Vaccinate,’ Hush Money’ Paid to Victims’ Families. The article’s author claims she is an Investigative Journalist: Banned in parts of Europe, Wanted by Islamic countries, Threatened by terror groups, Hunted by left-wing media, Smeared by Hollywood elites & Fake religious leaders.)
Editorially, all stories and opinions favor the far-right through fear-based articles concerning communism such as this EXPOSED: Biden to Install ‘Bolshevik’ Saule Omarova to Nationalize Banks (Video). RAIR is also afraid of immigrants, especially those who are Muslim, as they often promote only negative stories such as this Muslim Mafia: Migrant Clans Conquer Sweden – Arab War Zone (Videos). Finally, since the Covid-19 vaccines have been available, they have promoted false and misleading anti-vaccination propaganda. See failed fact checks below.
In general, RAIR claims to be a foundation; however, with a complete lack of transparency with the people involved, financial disclosures, and ownership, it is best to describe them as an imposter site posing as a foundation.
Failed Fact Checks
- “Bombshell: Nobel Prize winner reveals — COVID vaccine is ‘creating variants.'” – False
- “Alert: Japan Places Myocarditis Warning on ‘Vaccines’ – Requires Informed Consent” – False
- People in their 20s have a “7 times higher risk of death after vaccination than from COVID” – False
Overall, we rate RAIR Foundation USA extreme right-biased and questionable based on the promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories, poor sourcing, and failed fact checks. Further, they lack transparency, indicating they are an imposter foundation website. (D. Van Zandt 12/22/2021)
Last Updated on January 7, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/05/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 5, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Tenth Amendment Centerby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 5, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/04/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 4, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NBC New Yorkby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 4, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am