These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence-based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased, and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate Quanta Magazine a low-biased Pro-Science source that is Very High in factual reporting.
Bias Rating: PRO-SCIENCE
Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2012, Quanta Magazine (QM) is a hard science news site founded by the Simons Foundation and focused on recent advances in physics, mathematics, biology, and computer science. As their About page states, “Illuminating basic science and math research through public service journalism.”
Funded by / Ownership
Analysis / Bias
Quanta Magazine takes complex subjects and presents them so that laypeople can understand without simplifying the subject matter or sacrificing the basic content. The articles on QM are well written, factual, well-sourced, and authored by experts in their respective fields. Headlines are presented with minimal bias and explain the content of the articles, such as this Turing Patterns Turn Up in a Tiny Crystal.
Editorially, they rarely publish anything political and stick to science.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Quanta Magazine a low-biased Pro-Science source that is Very High in factual reporting. (D. Kelley 8/18/2017) Updated (8/21/2021)
Last Updated on August 21, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am