Pseudoscience: Consists of statements, beliefs, or practices that are claimed to be both scientific and factual but are incompatible with the scientific method (unproven, not testable, or opposed to the consensus of traditional science).
Definition: Crystal healing is the belief that crystals have extraordinary powers that can cure cancer, autism, mental illness, and various other diseases and ailments. It also claims that crystals can cause extreme external factors such as car crashes or financial help depending on the particular stone.
Reasoning: Scientifically speaking, there is no evidence that crystal healing can be used to cure diseases because diseases have never been found to be the result of a so-called energy flow in the body. Furthermore, no scientific studies have shown that crystals and gems can be differentiated by chemical composition or color to treat a particular ailment. In sum, there is zero evidence that so-called energy medicines work.
- Crystal Healing: Stone-Cold Facts About Gemstone Treatments
- Crystal healing is back and growing in popularity.
- Healing Crystals: What They Can and Can’t Do
Conclusion: Crystal Healing, like most alternative health pseudoscience, can be dangerous if the believer thinks it can cure disease. It can’t. There is zero evidence that Crystals have a medicinal effect outside of the placebo effect.
Last Updated on November 19, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am