Pseudoscience: Consists of statements, beliefs, or practices that are claimed to be both scientific and factual but are incompatible with the scientific method (unproven, not testable, or opposed to the consensus of traditional science).
Definition: Homeopathy is a medical system based on the belief that the body can cure itself. Those who practice it use tiny amounts of natural substances, like plants and minerals that they believe stimulate the healing process. The basic premise behind homeopathy is “like cures like.” An example is onion’s make your eyes water, therefore it is used to treat allergies. Homeopathy is used for a wide range of illnesses and symptoms such as Migraines, Depression, and Pain.
Reasoning: After assessing more than 1,800 studies on homeopathy, Australia’s National Health and Medical Research Council were only able to find 225 that were rigorous enough to analyze. And a systematic review of these studies revealed: “no good quality evidence to support the claim that homeopathy is effective in treating health conditions.” In another study by the same group, showed that it was effective for zero of 68 illnesses. A similar review in the United Kingdom also showed that homeopathy does not work and recommended that the National Health Service stop funding its use.
- Reject the pseudoscience of homeopathy
- 1,800 Studies Later, Scientists Conclude Homeopathy Doesn’t Work
- A systematic review of systematic reviews of homeopathy
Conclusion: There isn’t any evidence to suggest that homeopathy is an effective treatment for anything. Most importantly, homeopathy is dangerous when relied upon to cure life-threatening ailments such as cancer or other high mortality diseases.
Last Updated on September 26, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am