These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Protocol Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Launched in 2020 by Politico Executive Chairman Robert Allbritton, Protocol provides in-depth coverage of the Tech Industry. According to their about page, “We focus on the people, power, and politics of tech, with no agenda and just one goal: to arm decision-makers in tech, business and public policy with the unbiased, fact-based news and analysis they need to navigate a world in rapid change.”
Funded by / Ownership
Protocol Media, LLC, through Perpetual Capital Partners, LLC owns Protocol. Robert Allbritton, the founder of Politico, owns Perpetual Capital Partners, LLC. Initially funded with 10 million dollars, advertising currently generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
Protocol publishes original news and information covering the technology industry. Coverage includes government policy that impacts the industry, the people behind the innovations, and companies that produce tech. Articles and headlines contain moderately emotional language, such as How Slack and Discord became tools for worker revolt. Like all others reviewed, this story features credible sourcing from outlets such as the New York Times and The Verge. The website also publishes technology-related news from other sources such as The Wall Street Journal and Reuters.
Editorially, they properly label opinion pieces. All op-eds cover the technology sector with more stories favoring a left-leaning perspective such as this Why tech should push Biden for a carbon tax and other regulation. In general, the news reporting is fact-based with a left leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Protocol Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 10/20/2021)
Last Updated on January 13, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am