These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Politisite Right-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record and proper sourcing of information.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
According to their about page Politisite was founded in 1998 and they “deliver the latest Breaking Political News, Debate Coverage, Election Results, Commentary and Analysis. We provide in-depth news with special reports and interactive political coverage.” The Founding editor is Albert Milliron who “has been credentialed by most major news networks for Presidential debates and major Political Parties for political event coverage.”
Funded by / Ownership
The website is owned by Iron Mill Interactive Media and they have a partnership with 1 World Online. The website appears to derive funding primarily from online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Politisite previously covered four main categories: Political News, which has not been updated June 18, 2018, White House, which has not been active since 2015, Political Polls, which last saw a post in 2016 and finally Election Results, which has not been active since 2014. All in all, it appears this once very popular and groundbreaking website is dead.
Update: Politisite began publishing political news stories in May 2019. Stories consist of aggregated news content as well as original reporting and commentary by Albert Milliron and others. Aggregated content comes from sources such as Real Clear Politics and FiveThirtyEight. Article and headlines do not generally rely on emotional wording such as this: Joe Biden Statement on Sexual Assault Allegations. This story is sourced directly to Joe Biden’s statements.
Editorially, we previously rated Politisite right biased due to story selection that favored conservatives, however in 2020 this source offers more straightforward news and opinion pieces appear more balanced, though still leaning right such as this: Coronavirus and Urban America’s Healthcare Disparity. In general, the news is reported factually with a slight right-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Politisite Right-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record and proper sourcing of information. (D. Van Zandt 8/31/2018) Updated (6/11/2020)
Last Updated on June 11, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am