These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the free content available on Political Wire Least Biased based on balanced story selection and minimal use of loaded words. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1999, Political Wire is a political blog published by Taegan Goddard, a former policy adviser to Democratic U.S. Senator Donald Riegle and Independent Governor Lowell Weicker, and the co-author of the political management book, You Won – Now What?. According to their about page “Political Wire, is one of the earliest and most influential political web sites. Goddard earned degrees from Vassar College and Harvard University.”
Funded by / Ownership
Political Wire is owned by Taegan Goddard and held through Goddard Media LLC. The website generates revenue through membership fees and advertising.
Analysis / Bias
Note, this review only covers free content that we have access to.
In review, Political Wire features short blog entries by Taegan Goddard covering current political news. The website also has links to three different resources. First is the Political Job Hunt, which helps build a career in politics. Second is the Political Dictionary, which defines terms such as “alternative facts” and “gaslighting.” Lastly, is the Electoral Vote Map, which keeps a current tally of where the electoral college stands according to the Cook Political Report and FiveThirtyEight.
A review of blog posts demonstrates, the publication of political news stories with very few loaded words such as this: Warren Claimed Indian Heritage for the State of Texas Bar and Virginia Attorney General Also Wore Blackface. All stories are sourced back to the original article such as the New York Times, Washington Post, Associated Press, and The Atlantic. In general, all free content on this website is low biased and properly sourced covering both sides of politics. However, we do not have access to paid content that contains more in-depth original writing.
Overall, we rate the free content available on Political Wire Least Biased based on balanced story selection and minimal use of loaded words. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 2/6/2019)
Last Updated on July 8, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. Covid-19 Cases Top 7-Day Average Of 100,000 For First Time Since Februaryby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 8:44 am