- Overall, we rate the Patriotic Post far-right biased and questionable based on the promotion of right-wing propaganda, conspiracy theories, and pseudoscience. Further, they utilize poor sources, have made false claims, and completely lack transparency.
Questionable Reasoning: Poor Sourcing, Conspiracy Theories, Propaganda, Pseudoscience, False Claims, Lack of Transparency
Bias Rating: FAR RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2020, Patriotic Post is a conservative-leaning news and opinion website. According to their about page, “Our team takes great pride in positioning ourselves as a respected source of unbiased daily news that impacts the lives of American voters. We believe in integrity, truth, and delivering ethical news with all facts and no mainstream spin.”
The website lacks transparency as it does not disclose its conservative leanings or name authors, editors, and ownership. The domain is registered with information redacted for privacy.
Funded by / Ownership
The Patriotic Post lacks transparency as they do not provide ownership information. However, the contact page provides a physical mailing address @ 1985 Henderson Rd STE 1156 Columbus, OH 43220. This address leads to a strip mall and a company called Pak Mail, which provides shipping services and personal and business mailbox rentals. It appears Patriotic Post has rented a mailbox with Pak Mail.
Further, when searching the mailing address, we found several other conservative websites linked to this mailbox rental. This is what we have discovered thus far:
These websites have the same design and appear to be owned by the same company/person. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
The Patriotic Post does not conduct original reporting. Instead, they curate news from other sources and add conservative commentary. Articles and headlines feature loaded emotional wording such as this Steve Bannon Says Feds Took The Bait To Go After Trump. A biased quote from the article reads: “After Deputy Attorney General Merrick Garland’s dishonest and vile speech about the raid on President Trump’s house on Monday, Steve Bannon fired off an epic rant on Thursday.” This story only provides one source hyperlink to the Questionable Gateway Pundit.
Regarding sourcing, most articles do not utilize hyperlinked sourcing which is unacceptable for a web-only publication. In reviewing numerous articles, we found they generally rely on questionable right biased sources such as Townhall, Breitbart, and Judicial Watch.
Editorially, most stories strongly favor the right and former President Donald Trump, such as this Bill Clinton’s Audio Tapes Found In Sock Drawer Could Help Trump. Our review also found instances of promoting debunked conspiracy theories such as this DOJ Never Mentioned Child Operations, But It Sure Talked About Hate. In this article, they repeat the claim that Boston’s Children’s Hospital is promoting sex change operations for children: “This month, prominent Twitter accounts, including Libs of TikTok, shared publicly available videos from Boston Children’s Hospital’s website that promoted sex change procedures it offered to minors.” This is false.
Finally, The Patriotic Post has promoted debunked election fraud conspiracies and Covid-19 disinformation. In general, the Patriotic Post is a far-right biased source that promotes conspiracy theories and pseudoscience that are not rooted in fact.
Failed Fact Checks
- There is no record of them being fact-checked by a third party. See above.
Overall, we rate the Patriotic Post far-right biased and questionable based on the promotion of right-wing propaganda, conspiracy theories, and pseudoscience. Further, they utilize poor sources, have made false claims, and completely lack transparency. (D. Van Zandt (09/01/2022)
Last Updated on September 29, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Healing Oracleby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 8:00 am