These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Omaha World-Herald slightly right biased based on editorial positions. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1885, the Omaha World-Herald is the Daily broadsheet newspaper from Omaha, Nebraska. The World-Herald has won three Pulitzer Prizes, including the esteemed Pulitzer Prize for Public Service, awarded in 1943. The current publisher is Todd Sears.
Funded by / Ownership
The Omaha World-Herald is owned by Lee Enterprises, which according to Open Secrets has donated 88% of it money to Republican politicians since 1990. Revenue is derived through advertising and subscription fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Omaha World-Herald covers local news through reporters with minimal bias in wording such as this: Despite new permit, drive-thru clinic in west Omaha not taking patients yet. National and international news is provided by the Associated Press and Washington Post.
Editorially, the Omaha World-Herald has a long history of endorsing Republican candidates, however, in 2016 they endorsed Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton. A thorough review of editorials reveals more favor the right by a slight margin. In general, the news is reported factually with a slight right-leaning bias through op-eds.
Failed Fact Checks
Overall, we rate the Omaha World-Herald slightly right biased based on editorial positions. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (6/29/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 3/28/2020)
Last Updated on July 3, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am