These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Offgrid Survival Right Biased based on editorial positions that consistently favor the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the promotion of conspiracy theories and misleading claims regarding Covid-19 and election fraud.
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2007 and According to their About Page, “OFFGRID SURVIVAL is a preparedness/survival website that is dedicated to helping people become more self-reliant and better prepared to face the very real threats that exist in today’s world.”
Funded by / Ownership
The website is not completely clear on ownership, but the founder Robert Richardson is the owner. Advertising and Amazon Affiliate sales generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Offgrid Survival’s primary focus is on survival techniques and the necessary equipment needed. However, they also cover political topics with a far-right bias in reporting. All articles related to political issues favor the right. In some cases, Offgrid Survival promotes conspiracy theories such as an impending World War III and shadow government conspiracies. Offgrid Survival also has an unproven claim, according to Snopes, and is on a fake news list.
Scientifically, they report with skepticism on the Covid Vaccines such as this Fauci Admits Vaccine Could enhance COVID infection: Gates Says You Will Need Multiple Injections. They also reported on the debunked election fraud narrative such as this FOX News Cuts off White House Press Secretary when she presents Evidence of Voter Fraud – The Fix is In!. While our methodology doesn’t consider this a fake news source due to considerable credible information, it certainly is right-wing biased and mixed for factual reporting especially as it relates to politics and science.
Failed Fact Checks
- Third-Party Fact-checkers have not checked them. We will add any here that arise.
Overall, we rate Offgrid Survival Right Biased based on editorial positions that consistently favor the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the promotion of conspiracy theories and misleading claims regarding Covid-19 and election fraud. (D. Van Zandt 9/12/2017) Updated (9/23/2021)
Last Updated on September 23, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Electronic Frontier Foundationby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 26, 2022 at 10:30 am