These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Not the Bee Right Biased based on editorial positions that routinely favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2020 by Babylon Bee founder Adam Ford, Not The Bee is a news and opinion website that focuses on humorous but factual news stories. According to their about page, “Not the Bee is humor-based news, opinion, and entertainment site from the creators of The Babylon Bee and Disrn. As the name suggests, it’ll feature some absurd and hilarious (but real) news that seems like it should be satire.”
Funded by / Ownership
Not the Bee is owned by Not The Bee, LLC, and revenue is derived through advertising, a shop that sells branded merchandise and subscription fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Not the Bee publishes original stories from a right biased and often sarcastic perspective. Articles and headlines contain emotionally loaded language that often denigrates the left, such as this Nancy Pelosi, who is worth $114M and owns a $24,000 fridge, laments “the disparities in income and equity in our country.” Articles also hold a strong Christian perspective such as this The leading cause of death globally in 2020 was ABORTION … over 42 MILLION people killed. This story is correctly sourced to Worldometers.
Editorially, stories are written to be humorous while being rooted in fact. All stories reviewed favored the right and, in particular, a Christian perspective. They reported on election fraud during the 2020 Presidential Election; however, they did not promote misinformation and stuck with fact-based reporting such as this 52 PERCENT of Republicans think the election was rigged and Trump really won. Although Not The Bee is clearly conservative biased and generally sarcastic, the information provided is rooted in fact and supported by evidence.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Not the Bee Right Biased based on editorial positions that routinely favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 1/2/2021) Updated (03/25/2022)
Last Updated on March 25, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/06/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 6, 2022 at 10:30 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/05/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 5, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Tenth Amendment Centerby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 5, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/04/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 4, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NBC New Yorkby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 4, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 10:30 am