These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the North Korea Times Least Biased based on neutral wording and republishing from other least biased sources. However, we rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to a lack of hyperlink sourcing in news articles syndicated from the Big News Network.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2004, North Korea Times is an English-language online news and analysis site covering international news, business, and finance stories from the Korean Peninsula (North and South). According to their about page, the North Korea Times states its mission as “to provide up-to-the-minute news about the country, together with international headlines as part of a global network pooling resources to deliver a quality service to member portals.”
Funded by / Ownership
The publisher is Midwest Radio Network, a media company that operates Online newspapers, Web portals, and Radio broadcasting based in Sydney/Australia. They also run the site as part of a network of over 100 news portals. A substantial portion of news content on the sites is drawn from the Big News Network, a news agency headquartered in Dubai, UAE.
Analysis / Bias
The North Korea Times utilizes minimally loaded language both in their headlines and articles such as “Did Trump cancel North Korea summit to avoid embarrassment?” and “’White House waging fierce campaign against Mueller’s probe.’” However, they source poorly through quoting rather than providing any links to back their claims. The North Korea Times also republishes full articles from Voice of America, Asian News International, and other mostly least biased sources.
The North Korea Times is not a North Korean news source. They report news about North Korea that comes from mostly least biased international sources.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the North Korea Times Least Biased based on neutral wording and republishing from other least biased sources. However, we rate them Mostly Factual in reporting due to a lack of hyperlink sourcing in news articles syndicated from the Big News Network. (M. Huitsing 5/28/2018) Updated (02/20/2022)
Last Updated on February 20, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds