These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate The Korea Herald Right-Center Biased based on political positions that correlate to the country’s climate. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High due to a lack of hyperlinked sourcing.
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Country: South Korea (42/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
The Korea Herald is a government-subsidized daily English-language newspaper founded in 1953 and published in Seoul, South Korea. Hwang Jang-jin is the Editor-in-Chief, and The Publisher is Lee Young-man.
Funded by / Ownership
The Korea Herald is subsidized by the government and operated by Herald Corporation. Advertising and paid subscriptions generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
The Korea Herald often uses loaded words in their headlines that are charged with emotion, such as Putin negative on sanctions. When reporting stories about the USA, there is a left-center bias, such as this: Trump risk. However, when reporting South Korean national news, there is a right-center bias. Unfortunately, they rarely provide links to their sources, making it difficult to verify the context and accuracy of stories. International news is typically covered by the Associated Press. On the bias scale, they are difficult to rate, but our analysis puts them just right of center and reasonably factual.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the last 5 years, but some in the past.
Overall, we rate The Korea Herald Right-Center Biased based on political positions that correlate to the country’s climate. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High due to a lack of hyperlinked sourcing. (M. Huitsing 9/14/2017) Updated (9/18/2021)
Last Updated on September 18, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am