A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate NewsReady far-right biased and Questionable based on the promotion of right-wing propaganda, poor sourcing, a complete lack of transparency, and false claims.
Reasoning: Propaganda, Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency, False Claims
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Launched in 2019, NewsReady is an anonymously run conservative news and opinion website. According to their about page, “The onslaught of fake news financed by the corrupt minority and distributed by the mainstream media has become increasingly difficult to fight. Americans are constantly overwhelmed by an onslaught of fake news and do not have time to fact check everything they see online or on TV.”
The website lacks transparency as they do not name authors, editors or clearly indicate who owns the website.
Funded by / Ownership
NewsReady does not clearly indicate who owns the website. For example, on the contact page, they indicate the contact as Beachside Media, Inc. A search for Beachside Media reveals that Rob Greenstein is the owner. On their Terms page, they describe Earnware Corporation as the owner. Earnware is a digital marketing company. Regardless, they lack transparency in ownership. Revenue is derived through advertising and sponsored content.
Analysis / Bias
In review, NewsReady provides news summaries from a far-right conservative perspective. The frequent use of highly emotional language denigrates the left, such as this Ocasio-Cortez and Democrats Unveil New Scheme and Did Obama Commit Treason? On the other hand, they often praise the right, particularly former President Donald Trump, such as this Here’s How Trump Has Improved International Standing. All of the stories listed above and the others reviewed lacked hyperlinked sourcing.
Editorially, NewsReady is primary a far-right biased opinion website that is not always factual. For example, during the 2020 Presidential Election, they amplified election fraud claims such as this Newt Gingrich Says 2020 Election Might Be Biggest Theft Since 1824. As of this date, there has not been any evidence presented in court to substantiate voter fraud. Finally, they also amplified false information that was not corrected when it turned out not to be true: Senator Josh Hawley Says His Wife Was Threatened. This story is false. In general, NewsReady reports news that is not always factual and with a far-right editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- They have never been directly fact-checked; however, we provide two examples above.
Overall, we rate NewsReady far-right biased and Questionable based on the promotion of right-wing propaganda, poor sourcing, a complete lack of transparency, and false claims. (D. Van Zandt 1/10/2021) Updated (10/23/2021)
Last Updated on March 22, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm