These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the National Youth Rights Association Left-Center biased based on political advocacy for civil rights for the youth. We also rate them High for factual reporting based on proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1998, the National Youth Rights Association is a nonprofit, youth-led civil rights organization in the United States promoting youth rights. According to the website, its mission is “to defend the freedom, equality, and rights of all young people by challenging age discrimination and prejudice.”
Funded by / Ownership
NYRA is a 501(c)(3) organization registered as a nonprofit corporation in Maryland. Donations generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
The National Youth Rights Association’s focus issues are lowering the voting and drinking age. The National Youth Rights Association does not use loaded words and sources its information to mostly government and low biased websites.
Editorially, NYRA leans left with promoting youth rights related to the civil rights movement. For example, in the article How Fighting Sexism at School Led me to the Youth Rights Movement they provide well-sourced details on how LGBTQ and youth are discriminated against. In general, NYRA is factual and leans left politically based on advocacy for youth rights.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the National Youth Rights Association Left-Center biased based on political advocacy for civil rights for the youth. We also rate them High for factual reporting based on proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 8/19/2017) Updated (8/18/2021)
Last Updated on August 18, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am