These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Naples Daily News Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1923, The Naples Daily News is the main daily newspaper of Naples, Florida, and Collier County. The current editor is William R. Barker. The Naples Daily News is a part of the USA Today Network.
Funded by / Ownership
The Naples Daily News is owned by the Gannett Company, which owns numerous newspapers throughout the United States, including the national paper, USA Today. The paper is funded through a subscription and advertising model.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Naples Daily News covers local news through the use of journalists, while national news is derived from the USA Today Network. There is minimal use of loaded language in headlines and all information is sourced properly. Editorially, there is a left-leaning bias through more endorsements of Democratic candidates and topic selection on the opinion page tends to present more left-leaning views.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Naples Daily News Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information. (D. Van Zandt 12/02/2018)
Last Updated on June 22, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm