Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information, therefore fact checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
Update: This source is no longer online as a conspiracy source and is now a general information website.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Medusa Magazine (MM) is a pro-feminist / LGBT+ site. Its content is heavily weighted to these causes, and admit on their About Page that:
“We do not consider ourselves as “Radical Feminists”, however, we do not reject the title. First and foremost because we do not consider it to be inflammatory.”
There were no external sources linked for verification of the claims in the stories and expound some wildly unsubstantiated conspiracies.
Example: In the story titled “Are Canker Sores Sexist?” the author, identified only as Rosie, begins with a medical fact that women are twice as likely to develop canker sores than men. The article then moves into a diatribe regarding the unrealistic beauty standards that women are held to (again, a fact) but relates this to canker sores as part of some male conspiracy to keep women thin:
“Eating has never been something that was encouraged for women to do, women have always had to be stick thin and unrealistically like a Barbie Doll. Since canker sores prevent women from eating it is clear that this is a way to keep women below a size 6.”
It might be that some of the content, such as the example above, is intended as satire, but given the overall tone and content, that seems unlikely. Due to the extreme views expressed, and the lack of credible sourcing, Medusa Magazine is rated Conspiracy / Pseudoscience. (D. Kelley 07/08/17)
Last Updated on June 14, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Electronic Frontier Foundationby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 26, 2022 at 10:30 am