These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence-based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased, and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate Science Magazine Pro-Science based on peer-reviewed sources and minimal editorializing of content.
Bias Rating: PRO-SCIENCE
Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Journal
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1880, Science, also widely referred to as Science Magazine, is the peer-reviewed academic journal of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) and one of the world’s top academic journals. According to their about page, they are “A trailblazer in online publishing.”
Five other peer-reviewed journals are published under the science.org domain: Science Advances, Science Immunology, Science Robotics, Science Signaling, Science Translational Medicine. Science.org publishes articles from all publications on the website.
Funded by / Ownership
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) owns Science.org and all its magazines. Donations, advertising, and subscriptions generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the site publishes original news and coverage of space, biology, tech, and politics. Articles related to scientific studies do not contain loaded languages such as this, Translating genetic risk of Alzheimer’s disease into mechanistic insight and drug targets. The majority of content on this website and the magazine are peer-reviewed. When it comes to politics, they report only when it relates to science, such as this Trump’s nominee for USDA science post calls new U.S. climate report ‘genuine.’ While this story is negative toward Trump, it does so on a scientific basis and not political.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Science Magazine Pro-Science based on peer-reviewed sources and minimal editorializing of content. (D. Van Zandt 11/27/2016) Updated (11/1/2021)
Last Updated on November 1, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am