These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources.
- Overall, we rate MediaPost Least Biased based on balanced editorial positions and fact-based news reporting. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1996, MediaPost is a news and opinion website covering media, marketing, and advertising. According to their about page, “Mediapost.com has been the largest and most influential media, marketing and advertising site on the net, providing news, blogs, directories to help our community of more than 150,000 members better plan and buy both traditional and online advertising.”
Funded by / Ownership
MediaPost Communication, a publishing and conferencing company, owns MediaPost. Membership fees, advertising, and admission fees to conferences generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
MediaPost publishes media and business-related news and opinions, such as stories on media innovations and marketing. Articles and headlines do not contain loaded emotional language such as this Mindshare: Americans Sustain Higher Levels Of Post-Pandemic Media Usage. While they don’t often provide hyperlinked sourcing, they provide direct quotes from sources, which is acceptable.
Articles are appropriately labeled as “opinion” and are usually low biased; however, more op-eds tend to slightly favor the left, such as this Lack of Diversity In Market Research: What Can We Do? In general, all news stories are fact-based with a slight left-leaning editorial bias; however, there is enough diversity to call this source least biased.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate MediaPost Least Biased based on balanced editorial positions and fact-based news reporting. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 9/19/2021)
Last Updated on January 20, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am