Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2019, Media Right News is a website that publishes news and commentary from a conservative perspective. According to their about page, they are a “News and opinion site in support of free speech, constitutional and traditional values, humor, and against political correctness. America should always come first.”
The website lacks transparency as they do not disclose ownership.
Funded by / Ownership
Media Right News lacks transparency as they do not disclose ownership. According to other sources, Ian McDonald is the owner and editor of the website. Advertising and donations generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
Media Right News publishes news and commentary with a conservative bias. Most articles are derived from other sources such as the New York Times, The Hill, and Politico. Headlines reflect the article’s content and usually contain moderately loaded emotional language that favors the right such as this NEW FLORIDA GOVERNOR POLL SHOWS RON DESANTIS DOMINATING POTENTIAL DEMOCRAT OPPONENTS.
Editorially, story selection always favors the right and especially former President Trump, such as this FORMER PRESIDENT TRUMP THROWS DOWN GAUNTLET, SUES HILLARY, DNC, OTHERS FOR ‘UNTHINKABLE PLOT’ TO PUSH RUSSIAN COLLUSION NARRATIVE. When reporting on Democrats, they frequently use denigrating language such as this RADICAL LEFTIST BELLWETHER AOC SOUNDS THE ALARM, SAYS YOUNG PEOPLE NO LONGER EXCITED ABOUT JOE BIDEN. In general, Media Right News is mostly fact-based and holds a far-right editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Media Right News Right Biased based on editorial positions that routinely favor the right. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High due to a lack of transparency with ownership. (D. Van Zandt 04/03/2022)
Last Updated on April 26, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/18/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 10:15 am
- Madison Cawthorn concedes to Chuck Edwards in North Carolinaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am
- Far-right election denier Mastriano wins GOP race for governor in Pennsylvaniaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am