Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information, therefore fact checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate Learn The Risk a strong Conspiracy website and a Quackery level Pseudoscience site for the promotion of debunked false claims. We also rate them Very Low for factual reporting as almost every claim is false or at best misleading.
Factual Reporting: VERY LOW
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2015, LearnTheRisk.org is a website dedicated to exposing the pharmaceutical industry and highlighting the dangers of vaccines. According to their about page “Learn The Risk is a US-based, non-profit organization and a powerful force for educating people WORLDWIDE on the dangers of pharmaceutical products, including vaccines and unnecessary medical treatments — that are literally killing us.” The founder and editor are Brandy Vaughan.
Funded by / Ownership
Learn The Risk is a 501(c)3 Nonprofit organization that does not disclose donor information. The website generates revenue through donations.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Learn The Risk breaks their information into categories. The Pharma category covers the wrongs done by big pharma, with a news feed that leads to news stories that attempt to support her claims such as this: BREAKING NEWS: FDA MEDICAL ADVISOR ACCUSES U.S. CONGRESS OF BEING OWNED BY PHARMA. The next category is called Vaccines, which is where this source strays very far from the consensus of science. Here are some direct quotes from their Vaccines page that have been refuted by science:
“Vaccines are not as safe and effective as they say.”
“You do NOT need an injection for protection. The BEST defense against disease is a strong immune system — NOT one overloaded with toxic additives from food, air, water, and VACCINES.”
“They contain many toxic ingredients – some KNOWN to cause cancer and brain damage – that have no place to go once injected into the body.”
“In fact, some of the most prevalent diseases in the early 1900s — including Tuberculosis (TB), Scarlet Fever and Typhoid — followed the same declines WITHOUT ever having a vaccine program (in the US). These diseases were nearly eradicated in the U.S. without the population ever having been vaccinated for them.”
Overall, we rate Learn The Risk a strong Conspiracy website and a Quackery level Pseudoscience site for the promotion of debunked false claims. We also rate them Very Low for factual reporting as almost every claim is false or at best misleading. (D. Van Zandt 9/9/2019)
Last Updated on September 26, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am