These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate CBS Sacramento (KOVR) Left-Center Biased based on political reporting that slightly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1954, KOVR-TV is a CBS-owned-and-operated television station serving Sacramento, California, the United States, licensed to Stockton. The associated news website is found at sacramento.cbslocal.com, covering local news, weather, sports, politics, and crime.
Funded by / Ownership
KOVR – CBS Sacramento is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, owned by National Amusements, Inc. They are operated by the third-generation leadership of the Redstone family. The President of National Amusements and chairwoman of the company is Shari Ellin Redstone. Revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the CBS Sacramento website publishes sports, entertainment, lifestyle, and local news for the greater Sacramento region through CBSN. Local news articles and headlines use minimal emotionally loaded wording such as this: Armed Standoff In Rancho Cordova Ends Peacefully. A video accompanies most stories from the TV station. National news stories are published by other CBS affiliates and the Associated Press.
Editorially, CBS Sacramento does not publish op-eds; however, they do report on politics with slightly more stories favoring the left such as this Sacramento Man Resigns From Position In California Republican Assembly After Involvement In Capitol Riot and this Pelosi Calls Trump ‘Imminent Threat’ To Democracy, House To Proceed With Impeachment Legislation. The news is generally reported factually and with a slight left-leaning bias when covering politics.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate CBS Sacramento (KOVR) Left-Center Biased based on political reporting that slightly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 01/16/2021) Updated (03/21/2022)
Last Updated on March 21, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am