These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate KDKA – CBS Pittsburgh Least Biased based on balanced story selection and minimal editorializing of political information. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1949, KDKA is a CBS owned-and-operated television station licensed to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. The official website for the TV station is pittsburgh.cbslocal.com, which covers news, sports, weather, crime, and lifestyle for the greater Pittsburgh area.
Funded by / Ownership
KDKA – CBS Pittsburgh is owned by CBS Corp, which operates dozens of TV stations in the USA. Revenue is derived through advertising and sponsored content.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the CBS Pittsburgh website publishes sports, entertainment, lifestyle, and local news for the greater Pittsburgh region. Local news articles and headlines use minimal emotional loaded wording such as this: Two Local School Districts Allowing Fans To Attend Football Games. Most stories are accompanied by a video from the TV station. National news stories are published from other CBS affiliates as well as the Associated Press.
Editorially, CBS Pittsburgh does not publish op-eds, however, they do report on politics with a balance of straightforward reporting such as this Gov. Tom Wolf Urges Lawmakers To Pass Paid Sick Leave Legislation. Most importantly, political news is delivered with little opinion interjected by the reporters. In general, CBS Pittsburgh reports news factually and with minimal bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate KDKA – CBS Pittsburgh Least Biased based on balanced story selection and minimal editorializing of political information. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 9/18/2020)
Last Updated on September 18, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am