These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Just Security Left-Center Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (45/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2013, Just Security is an online forum that analyzes U.S. national security law and policy. They are based at the Reiss Center on Law and Security at New York University School of Law. According to their about page, they “aim to promote principled and pragmatic solutions to national security problems that decision-makers face.” The website provides a masthead of staff and lists the editors as Ryan Goodman and Steve Vladeck.
Funded by / Ownership
Analysis / Bias
In review, Just Security has multiple writers who each have their own opinions; however, most opinions align moderately to the left. Articles often contain loaded emotional headlines such as this: The Trump-Giuliani Election Plan: Manipulating Voters. This story is very well sourced from credible media outlets such as Politico, New York Times, Axios, and the Washington Post. Editorially Just Security frequently reports negatively on President Trump: Trump’s True Betrayal: A Pattern of Soliciting Foreign Interference in US Elections, while supporting left-leaning causes such as this Climate Change Denialism Poses a National Security Threat. Both of these stories are appropriately sourced. In general, Just Security reports factually with a left-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Just Security Left-Center Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 7/29/2017) Updated (4/26/2021)
Last Updated on April 26, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am