These media sources are slight to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Investor Times Right-Center Biased based on story selection that slightly favors the right. We also rate them Mostly Factual rather than High due to a lack of transparency with ownership.
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
The Investor Times is a financial news and information site with a domain registered in Andorra. The website lacks transparency as they do not disclose ownership or provide an about page. However, at the bottom of the website, they describe themselves as “InvestorTimes.com is a privately funded financial publication particularly created for professional and personal investors and intellectually restless individuals.”
Currently, the freedomoutpost.com domain forwards to the Investor Times. The Freedom Outpost was a conservative website that MBFC rated far-right biased in the past.
Funded by / Ownership
Investor Times lacks transparency as they do not disclose ownership. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
Investor Times provides stock and bitcoin tickers and financial-related news. Articles and headlines do not contain loaded emotional wording such as this U.S. Treasury, and banks discuss regulation of stable cryptocurrencies. This story, like most reviewed, is properly sourced to credible outlets such as the US treasury and AFP.
Editorially, they do not produce op-eds; however, they report on politics related to finance, such as this Biden’s approval rating in the U.S. falls to lowest since he became president. The article is sourced from Reuters but features a negative tone toward Joe Biden and his policies “Biden against big corporations.” Investor Times generally holds a right-leaning bias in story selection and produces fact-based content; however, the lack of transparency results in a mostly factual rating.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years.
Overall, we rate Investor Times Right-Center Biased based on story selection that slightly favors the right. We also rate them Mostly Factual rather than High due to a lack of transparency with ownership. (D. Van Zandt 01/13/2022)
Last Updated on January 13, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Electronic Frontier Foundationby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 26, 2022 at 10:30 am