These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate IndexMundi Least Biased based on the presentation of data without opinion. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of data.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 2003, IndexMundi is a comprehensive data portal with country-level facts and statistics presented through easy-to-use maps and charts. The data mostly relates to economic and financial data, however they cover other areas such as health. According to their about page the website was founded by Miguel Barrientos and Claudia Soria. They state their mission “is to turn raw data from all over the world into useful information for a global audience. We capture statistics that are scattered or otherwise hidden and present them via user-friendly maps, charts, and tables which allow visitors to understand complex information at a glance.”
Funded by / Ownership
IndexMundi lacks transparency as they do not openly disclose ownership or how they are funded. Revenue appears to be derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, IndexMundi publishes data from around the world on a wide variety of topics. Though a majority of the data is related to financial information, they also cover education, health and poverty to name a few. Information is derived from credible sources. For example, Income share held by highest 20% is sourced to the World Bank and the Luxembourg Income Study database.
IndexMundi is currently tracking Covid-19 cases and deaths using the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. In general, a thorough reviews indicates that the data provided on this website is derived from credible sources and presented with minimal bias.
IndexMundi also features a blog that is low biased and data driven such as this Wholesale Prices of Agricultural Products.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate IndexMundi Least Biased based on the presentation of data without opinion. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of data. (D. Van Zandt 4/18/2020)
Last Updated on April 18, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am