Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information, therefore fact checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
Overall, this a strong Conspiracy website.
Factual Reporting: LOW
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2012, Illuminati Watcher (IW) is an online magazine published by Isaac Weishaupt. As the title suggests, it seeks to uncover and expose the Illuminati conspiracy that, according to Mr. Weishaupt, permeates society, with an emphasis on its influence in the music and entertainment industries. According to their about page Isaac Weishaupt has been “researching my entire life as an ongoing mission to determine if this reality is the truth or a cunning holographic deception. I don’t fully subscribe to any conspiracy theories, but I do find some intriguing if they resonate with any logic (also if they don’t, who am I kidding, some of them are just clever).”
Funded by / Ownership
Illuminati Watcher is owned by Isaac Weishaupt and is funded through a Patreon Account.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the articles and YouTube videos are long on theory and conjecture, with little or no hard facts to substantiate the claims. In fairness, even Mr. Weishaupt himself states that the information provided is just theories.
“Let it be clear that these are all theories. I am merely looking at factual events and occult history and attempting to make links in the name of entertainment.”
The stories and videos, however, are heavily worded and weighted in favor of belief. Due to the bias in the reporting, and a lack of hard factual evidence to support the claims, Illuminati Watcher is rated as a Conspiracy-Pseudoscience source. (D. Kelley 3/12/2017)
Overall, this a strong Conspiracy website. Updated (D. Van Zandt 12/31/2018)
Last Updated on September 16, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am