These media sources are slight to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate iefimerida.gr Right-Center Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that frequently favor the Center-right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to a lack of transparency regarding ownership, poor sourcing, and several failed fact checks.
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: LIMITED FREEDOM
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
According to its LinkedIn page, iefimerida.gr is a news site established in 2011 and based in Athens, Greece. The website does not have an about page. Iefimerida.gr covers topics such as Politics, Economy, World, Greece, Sports, Health, Culture, Media, Technology, Lifestyle, and Cinema.
Funded by / Ownership
Iefimerida.gr does not disclose ownership. Revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, iefimerida.gr publishes articles with minimally loaded emotional language such as “Summit: Mitsotakis insists on Greece’s positions in Brussels” and publishes articles critical of the left opposition Syriza “Mr. Tsipras is in danger from… his associates!”. In comparison, the coverage of center-right PM Mitsotakis is positive in tone “Mitsotakis from Corfu: Attracting foreign investments is a priority of the government.” Iefimerida.gr generally sources through quotes and does not provide hyperlinks.
When covering the USA, such as the Trump Administration, they use a critical tone “Coronavirus: Cases rise, President Trump’s popularity plummets.” They generally hold a right-leaning editorial bias and sometimes do not report news factually.
Failed Fact Checks
- Greek director Costas Gavras “died” was released today at noon – False
- Antikythera invites people with many children – They give a bonus of 500 euros, housing, food – False
- “They demolished Kazantzakis’s house and built a parking lot in his place” – False
- Panos Kammenos presented a Kalashnikov to Kouvelis, at the handover ceremony of the Deputy Minister of National Defense. – False
Overall, we rate iefimerida.gr Right-Center Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that frequently favor the Center-right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to a lack of transparency regarding ownership, poor sourcing, and several failed fact checks. (M. Huitsing 7/18/2020) Updated (05/07/2022)
Last Updated on May 7, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am