These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate HonestReporting Right-Center Biased based on support for right-leaning nationalist Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. We also rate them Mostly Factual, rather than High due to the promotion of nationalist propaganda.
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
HonestReporting (or Honest Reporting) is a pro-Israel, non-governmental organization that monitors the media for what it perceives as bias against Israel. The organization is a United States 501(c)3 registered charity headquartered in Skokie, Illinois, with its editorial staff based in Jerusalem, Israel. It has affiliates in the United States, UK, Canada, Italy, and Brazil. They claim their mission as “HonestReporting combats the false depiction of Israel in the media by challenging the biased coverage and demanding accountability. HR’s mission is to educate the public about unfair media coverage of Israel and to empower the grassroots to respond in an effective manner.”
Funded by / Ownership
HonestReporting is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that is funded primarily through donations.
Analysis / Bias
In review, HonestReporting reports on the news where they perceive that Israel was portrayed unfairly. Many stories are negative toward Palestine and attempt to portray Israel as a victim such as this Reuters Ignores Palestinian Rejectionism and Violence as Cause of Conflict. We are not saying they are wrong, simply that the opinion may be biased based on where one stands. With that said, this website is 100% biased in favor of Israel and generally favors the political right with stories such as this HR Supports ADL Against Far-Left Cancel Culture. This story is credibly sourced to the ADL, Forward, and Washington Post.
Editorially, they hold pro-Israel nationalist positions in favor of Benjamin Netanyahu. Some might call them a propaganda source.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate HonestReporting Right-Center Biased based on support for right-leaning nationalist Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. We also rate them Mostly Factual, rather than High due to the promotion of nationalist propaganda. (D. Van Zandt 11/25/2016) Updated (10/4/2020)
Last Updated on October 4, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds