These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased sources.
- Overall, we rate GovTrack Least Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that are varied. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2004 by Joshua Tauberer, GovTrack.us enables its users to track the bills and members of the United States Congress. Users can add trackers to certain bills. The website collects data on members of Congress, allowing the users to check voting records and attendance relative to peers. According to their about page “We publish the status of federal legislation, information about your representative and senators in Congress including voting records, and original research on legislation. We’re one of the oldest government transparency websites in the world.”
Funded by / Ownership
GovTrack is owned by Civic Impulse LLC, which is owned by Joshua Tauberer. Revenue is derived through advertising and sponsored content.
Analysis / Bias
In review, GovTrack does what it disclaims and that is covering legislative news. Information and news are covered with low bias such as this Bill would repeal the 1993 “Motor Voter” law which allows people to register to vote at the DMV. In general, a review of numerous stories indicates they hold minimal bias and are factual.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate GovTrack Least Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that are varied. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 1/30/2017) Updated (1/15/2021)
Last Updated on January 15, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am