These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence-based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased, and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate Futurism a Pro-Science source based on sourcing to credible media outlets and scientific papers while maintaining a low biased political approach.
Bias Rating: PRO-SCIENCE
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2015, and according to their about page, “Futurism covers the breakthrough technologies and scientific discoveries that will shape humanity’s future. Our mission is to empower our readers and drive the development of these transformative technologies towards maximizing human potential.” The website provides a Masthead that indicates Foster Kamer is the Director of Content and James Del is the publisher.
Funded by / Ownership
The website is owned by Futurism LLC, a privately held company based in New York City. Revenue is derived from advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Futurism publishes news and information related to science and cutting edge or future technologies. Articles often use minimal to moderate loaded language such as this: Deepfake Pioneer: “Perfectly Real” Fake Vids Are Six Months Away. This story, like all others, is correctly sourced to either scientific papers or credible news media outlets such as CNBC and Technology Review. The website also features a section called “The Byte” where they take an article from another publication and summarize it such as this: THIS SITE TURNS WIKIPEDIA PAGES INTO FAKE ACADEMIC PAPERS. Politically, Futurism reports only when it pertains to their genre. A search for articles on “Trump” shows relatively neutral language that avoids adding significant opinions.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Futurism a Pro-Science source based on sourcing to credible media outlets and scientific papers while maintaining a low biased political approach. (D. Van Zandt 8/4/2017) Updated (11/29/2021)
Last Updated on November 29, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Black Main Streetby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/24/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 24, 2022 at 10:30 am