These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate Foster’s Daily Democrat Least Biased based on slightly conservative editorials and liberal leaning opinion pieces that strike a balance. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 1873, the Foster’s Daily Democrat is a daily broadsheet newspaper serving southeast New Hampshire and southwest Maine. The current editor is Howard Altschiller.
Funded by / Ownership
The Foster’s Daily Democrat is owned by Gannett (Gatehouse Media), which publishes USA Today. In August 2019, Gatehouse Media purchased and merged with Gannett becoming the largest newspaper chain in the USA. After the merger the companies retained the Gannett name. The newspaper is funded through advertising and paid subscriptions.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Foster’s Daily Democrat covers local news through journalists with minimal bias in reporting such as this, Name of Sanford city worker killed not yet being released. National and international news comes from other Gatehouse publications and the Associated Press. In general, news reporting is low biased and factual.
Editorially, Foster’s has long been known as a conservative paper, however in 2016 they endorsed Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton for President. A thorough review of editorials and opinion pieces reveal a mostly balanced left-right selection with a few more opinion pieces favoring the left.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate Foster’s Daily Democrat Least Biased based on slightly conservative editorials and liberal leaning opinion pieces that strike a balance. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 11/26/2019)
Last Updated on April 6, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am