A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate Middle American Democrat Questionable based on extreme left-wing bias, a complete lack of transparency, and a failed fact check.
Reasoning: Extreme Left, Lack of Transparency, Failed Fact Check
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2018, Middle American Democrat is hyper-partisan liberal news and opinion website. The website does not provide an about page, nor disclosure of an editor or owner. Further, news stories do not provide a byline or biographical information.
Funded by / Ownership
Middle American Democrat does not disclose ownership and revenue is derived from onsite advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Middle American Democrat reports news with a consistent left-wing bias and frequently uses loaded language such as this: Trump lies to military again about their pay. This story is reasonably sourced to the HuffPost and Politifact. The primary target for this website is President Donald Trump, with some articles making claims that are not supported by evidence. For example, in this article, Donald Trump is mentally ill – If you don’t already believe that, just read these quotes, they use quotes from Donald Trump to establish his mental illness, which is not evidence. In general, story selection always favors the left and reports negatively on the right.
A factual search reveals they have published false information on their Facebook page.
Overall, we rate Middle American Democrat Questionable based on extreme left-wing bias, a complete lack of transparency, and a failed fact check. (D. Van Zandt 7/12/2019) Updated (6/18/2020)
Last Updated on June 18, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am