A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate For the Right News Questionable based on extreme right bias, poor sourcing, promotion of propaganda and a complete lack of transparency.
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Poor Sourcing, Propaganda, Lack of Transparency
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 2017, For the Right News is a conservative news and opinion blog. According to their about page “For The Right News was designed to bring you the latest conservative news stories and viral videos from around the web.”
This website completely lacks transparency as they do not name authors or disclose ownership, however a domain search reveals it is registered in the United States.
Funded by / Ownership
For the Right News does not disclose ownership and revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, For the Right News primarily publishes pro-Conservative and pro-Trump opinion commentary. Headlines and wording is often very emotional favoring the right such as this: Democrat Impeachment Campaign is a Smokescreen for Democrats Do-Nothing Agenda and this: The Weather Channel is Pushing Climate Scare Propaganda. Neither of these stories contain hyperlinked sourcing to validate their claims. In general, this is a right wing propaganda site that completely lacks credibility through lack of sourcing and transparency.
A factual search reveals they have not been fact checked.
Overall, we rate For the Right News Questionable based on extreme right bias, poor sourcing, promotion of propaganda and a complete lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 11/15/2019)
Last Updated on April 6, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am