A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
Update: This source has removed all content and is retired.
- Overall, we rate Every Legal Vote Right Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories and the use of poor unproven sources, a lack of transparency, and numerous debunked/false claims regarding election fraud.
Reasoning: Conspiracy, Propaganda, Poor Sources, Lack of Transparency, Failed Fact Checks
Bias Rating: FAR-RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Launched on November 5, 2020, Every Legal Vote is a website that purports to track and expose voter fraud in the 2020 election. They specifically track fraud committed by Democrats against Donald Trump. According to their about page, they state “Our mission is to uncover any instances of such fraud, explain how it can occur, and clearly show the impact of each isolated incident on the entire election. Small amounts of fraud add up.” They further promote conspiracy theories without evidence on their about page with this statement: “We believe the media, certain elected officials, and other people in positions of power and control within the US, as well as in other countries, are not being open or transparent. They are attempting to install Joe Biden as president without due process of law and order.”
The website lacks transparency as there are no names associated with the website or disclosure of ownership.
Funded by / Ownership
Every Legal Vote does not disclose ownership; however, they state, “Our Founding Sponsors are: The Economic WarRoom, Allied Security Operations Group, Liberty Center for God and Country.” At this point, there does not appear to be a revenue model.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the website provides information on alleged voter fraud that Democrats only perpetuate. For example, they have a section called “Fraud Primer” to explain different ways fraud occurs. On this page, they state without evidence that Democrats are the only ones committing fraud: “The Democrat machine is notorious for fraudulent elections in the deep blue cities across the country, but we suspect this election fraud happened almost everywhere.” In other words, Every Legal Vote displays extreme bias against Democrats. Another section of the website is called “Stories,” in which they publish “articles, social media posts, videos, and audio recordings that are personally witnessed or publicly reported examples of fraud and dishonest activities during the 2020 election.” A review of these submissions indicates that only Democrats commit voter fraud by their standards, never Republicans. The last section is a link to report and submit alleged cases of voter fraud. Finally, the website displays an election map with widely different numbers than the Associated Press and Fox News. According to their calculation, Joe Biden has 214 electoral votes and Donald Trump 232, whereas the AP and Fox show Joe Biden with 290 electoral votes and the winner.
In general, the voter fraud claims presented here are mostly unproven as of this date and always perpetrated by Democrats, with many already having been debunked such as this No, a dead voter named William Bradley didn’t vote in Detroit, and this Sharpiegate, voter fraud claim in Arizona is False. In sum, this is a right-wing propaganda and conspiracy website attempting to sow doubt in the election process. Every Legal Vote is not credible.
Failed Fact Checks
- The website everylegalvote.com provides empirical evidence that U.S. President Donald Trump would have won the 2020 general election were it not for voter fraud. – False
- President Donald Trump has 232 electoral votes, Joe Biden has 212, 226 or 227. – False
Overall, we rate Every Legal Vote Right Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories and the use of poor unproven sources, a lack of transparency, and numerous debunked/false claims regarding election fraud. (D. Van Zandt 11/12/2020) Updated (07/10/2021)
Last Updated on July 10, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Black Main Streetby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/24/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 24, 2022 at 10:30 am