Founded in 2006 by Steve Pauwels, The Daily Surge is a news and opinion website that reports with a far-right Christian conservative perspective. According to their about page, “Steve Pauwels is pastor of Church of the King, Londonderry, NH.” He also writes for the Extreme Right Questionable website Clash Daily.
Funded by / Ownership
Steve Pauwels owns The Daily Surge, with revenue derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
The Daily Surge mostly produces opinion pieces written by Steve Pauwels. The author takes an existing news story from another source and creates an op-ed piece around the story. The Daily Surge frequently uses loaded emotional language that favors the right and denigrates the left, such as this Wake Up, America: ‘Moderate’ Joe Biden Is No More, Radical Joe Is at Work. This story is completely unsourced. Each article begins with a summary that tells about the piece and also reveals significant bias such as this “The damage being inflicted upon America by the Biden Administration is nothing new – Socialist/Communist regimes have been working it for a long time. The “moderate” Biden of years gone by is no more. Radical Leftists are now using him to transform our nation; to the detriment of America.”
Editorially, all stories favor the right. For example, the website has a tagline that reads “We Don’t Take a Knee,” presumably a reaction to police brutality protests. They also offer Pro-Life perspectives such as this It’s Past Time to Humanize, Publicize the Victims of Abortion. Finally, they admire former President Trump and often published election fraud misinformation. Finally, during the Covid-19 pandemic, they frequently promoted misinformation regarding masks such as this The Evidence Continues to Speak: It Is Scientifically Impossible for Masks to Work. Masks are an effective means of slowing the spread of Covid-19 and other diseases.
Failed Fact Checks
- California Lawmakers Exempt Themselves from Gun Laws – False
- Daily Surge is also on Politifact’s fake news list.
Overall, we rate the Daily Surge far right biased and Questionable based on the promotion of right-wing propaganda, use of poor sources, false claims, and a lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 5/23/2017) Updated (5/8/2021)
Last Updated on May 14, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm