Corey Stapleton is a former secretary of State from Montana and is running for President of the United States in 2024. He is a member of the conservative wing of the Republican Party. We assign Corey Stapleton a Right Biased and High factual rating due to a clean fact-check record.
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
Title: Former Secretary of State (2017-2021) – Presidential Candidate
Political Party: Republican
Political Alignment: Conservative Right
Factual Rating: Mixed
- United States Navy (1986 – 1997)
- Montana State Senator (2001-2009)
- Secretary of State of Montana (2017-2021)
Stance on Key Policies:
- Abortion Rights: Unfavorable – “Protect The Unborn: I am a strong supporter of the right to life. Failure to protect the life of the innocent is unconscionable. We must defend life at every stage.”
- Economy: Free Market Capitalism – Believes that Washington is mortgaging America’s children’s futures.
- Climate Change: Mixed – Supports promoting and protecting agriculture, farming, and ranching lifestyle and believes in stricter environmental regulations with federal flexibility. There is limited information on his stance on climate change.
- Education: Mixed – “I support early and ambitious education for our children, teenagers, and college students.” It is unclear what his position is on public education.
- Foreign Policy: Increase Military Spending – Supports increased military spending, including in Ukraine.
- LGBTQ Rights: Limited Rights– It is not clear what his current position is on this issue; however, in the past, he did not support same-sex marriage.
- Gun Ownership: Limited Gun Control Measures – Upholds the right to bear arms.
- Immigration: Unknown – At this time, it is not clear where he stands on immigration issues.
- Health Care: Market-Based Health Care – Believes that the government is not responsible for medical care.
- Overall: Conservative – Stapleton is a conservative Republican who has advocated for limited government, free-market policies, and a strong defense.
Recent Failed Fact Checks
- None in the last 5 years.
(M. Huitsing 07/28/2023)
Last Updated on July 28, 2023 by Media Bias Fact Check