These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Citizen Free Press Right Biased for story selection and Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of some poor sources, a complete lack of transparency, and failed fact checks.
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Citizen Free Press does not have an about page, disclaimer, or information regarding who is behind the website. A Whois search shows the domain was registered privately in 2016. We can glean from the website that Kane is the admin and publishes all the articles.
Read our profile on the United States government and media.
Funded by / Ownership
Again, Citizen Free Press does not disclose financial or ownership information, and there does not appear to be a means of revenue generation.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Citizen Free Press only does two things: link to other right-biased news stories or publish their own, often with minimal dialogue that relies on video or tweet sourcing. When publishing their own stories, they often use loaded emotional headlines such as this: Black MSNBC Pundit Feels The HEAT After Making Light of Mollie Tibbetts’ Murder…
When linking to outside sources, they mostly utilize right-leaning media. Many are rated Mixed for factual reporting, such as Lifezette and Daily Caller, and some Questionable, such as Breitbart and conspiracy website Zerohedge. They mostly link to mainstream sources as long as it supports the right and/or denigrate the left.
Failed Fact Checks
- A video shows protesters and members of antifa attacking the Texas Children’s Hospital and terrorizing a child during spring 2020 demonstrations against police brutality. – False
- Germanys largest newspaper apologized for covid hysteria. – False
- Judge Ordered Ottawa Police To Return Seized Fuel Taken During ‘Freedom Convoy’ – False
- Was Jill Biden Booed Watching Eagles NFC Championship Game? – False
Overall, we rate Citizen Free Press Right Biased for story selection and Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of some poor sources, a complete lack of transparency, and failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 8/25/2018) Updated (01/31/2022)
Last Updated on May 19, 2023 by Media Bias Fact Check
Left vs. Right Bias: How we rate the bias of media sources