These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate CBS Los Angeles (KCBS) Left-Center Biased based on political reporting that slightly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1931, KCBS-TV is a CBS owned-and-operated television station licensed to Los Angeles, California, United States. The associated website is losangeles.cbslocal.com, which features local news, sports, weather, and crime for the greater Los Angeles area.
Funded by / Ownership
CBS Los Angeles (KCBS) is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, which National Amusements, Inc owns. They are operated by the third-generation leadership of the Redstone family. The President of National Amusements and chairwoman of the company is Shari Ellin Redstone. Revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the CBS Los Angeles website publishes sports, entertainment, lifestyle, and local news for the greater Los Angeles region through CBSN. Local news articles and headlines use minimal emotionally loaded wording such as this: OC Lawmaker Introduces Bill To Prevent Inmate EDD Fraud. A video accompanies most stories from the TV station. National news stories are published by other CBS affiliates and the Associated Press.
Editorially, CBS Los Angeles does not publish op-eds; however, they report on politics with slightly more stories favoring the left, such as this Biden transition barrels forward while Trump administration stalls and this Cheering, Celebrations Erupt In Streets Of Los Angeles After Joe Biden Projected To Win Presidency. The news is generally reported factually and with a slight left-leaning bias when covering politics.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate CBS Los Angeles (KCBS) Left-Center Biased based on political reporting that slightly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 12/17/2020) Updated (03/30/2022)
Last Updated on March 30, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am