These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Caribbean Life Left-Center biased editorially and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Caribbean Life News or Caribbean Life is a tabloid newspaper for the English-speaking Caribbean-American communities in New York City. Caribbean Life is headquartered in Brooklyn, NY and the Managing Editor is Vince DiMiceli. Caribbean Life covers commentary, politics, sports, arts, and culture as well as news local to its circulation area.
Funded by / Ownership
Caribbean Life is part of the NYC Community Media newspaper group, which was an affiliate of News Corporation that owns Community News Group, however in 2014, according to an interview piece in the New York Business Journal, Jennifer Goodstein acquired Community News Group from News Corp. “They nabbed the Community Newspaper Group from News Corporation, expanding their coverage with the Brooklyn Paper and Caribbean Life. They would not disclose the purchase price.”
Analysis / Bias
In review, Caribbean Life utilizes minimally loaded language in their headlines, such as “Caribbean Pan-African leaders to Trump: ‘Persona non-grata’” and Caribbean Life uses credible sources such as the New York Times, but they typically source through quotes in their reporting. In general, story selection favors the left and a factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check. The political alignment of this tabloid fits the audience they target and in this case the Caribbean community is traditionally left leaning.
Overall, we rate Caribbean Life Left-Center biased editorially and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 3/23/2018) Updated (3/8/2020)
Last Updated on March 8, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds