A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
Update: this source is no longer online.
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Propaganda
Banned Information is a news and opinion blog that has an extreme right wing bias in reporting. All stories favor the right and are anti-left. There is significant use of loaded emotional words such as this: “NFL Player Dez Bryant Delivers Stunning Message on Racism That Has Libs in Shock.” Banned Information does source their information to mostly right or far right sources that have mixed track records with fact checking. Further, Banned Information does not have an about page or any information regarding ownership/authorship or mission. The only name that appears is Kirsters Baish, who is the only writer and does not have biographical information. There are multiple websites across the internet that have this writer’s name and they all look the same. For example these: Red Pill Depot and Alt Drudge to name a few. While the news on these websites are not necessarily fake, it is certainly very questionable to have multiple identical sites publishing similar news with the same fake writer’s name. Overall, this a Questionable source based on extreme bias, promotion of propaganda and very dubious web practices. (D. Van Zandt 10/18/2017)
Last Updated on October 6, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Black Main Streetby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/24/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 24, 2022 at 10:30 am