According to their about page, InformationLiberation was founded in 2005 as an “independent news site dedicated to pursuing the truth wherever it leads, without apology and without care for being politically correct.” Although the website does not indicate who the editor or owner is, Chris Menahan is listed as the publisher of news stories.
Funded by / Ownership
Information Liberation does not disclose ownership, however Chris Menahan is the only name associated with the website. Revenue is derived from online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Information Liberation is a news and opinion website with an extreme right wing bias. Virtually every article reports positively for conservative causes and negatively for liberals. Information Liberation uses loaded words to convey either positive or negative emotions such as this: Hillary Clinton Scolds Trump Over Syria, Explains Why We Need Permanent War. While Information Liberation does publish credible news that is sourced properly, it also publishes news that is sourced to right wing biased, conspiracy and questionable sources. In fact, they provide a list of sources that they link to on their side bar. This list reads like a who’s who of conspiracy and questionable sources such as InfoWars, Gateway Pundit and the Center for Immigration Studies. They also perform misleading fact checks such as this one: FACT CHECK: Hillary Said 90% of Clinton Foundation Donations go to Charity. Actual Number? 5.7%. This fact check simply is not true. Either this is a very poorly done fact check or they were intentionally trying to mislead. The actual number that goes to charity is 89%. The deception in this fact check is in the wording. 5.7% of donation go to outside charity groups, this much is true. With this fact check Information Liberation is misleading people to believe that only 5.7% goes to actual charity when in fact it is closer to 90%. See the full and proper fact check here.
In general, all stories favor the right and denigrate the left with the use of poor sources.
Overall, we rate Information Liberation Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, promotion of propaganda/conspiracies and a lack of transparency. (3/29/2017) Updated (D. Van Zandt 1/20/2019)
Last Updated on January 20, 2019 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am