These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate American Journal Daily Right Biased based on editorial positions that favor a conservative perspective. We also rate them borderline Questionable and Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources to support their claims and a complete lack of transparency regarding their mission and ownership.
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Launched in 2020, American Journal Daily is a website that publishes conservative news and commentary. The website lacks transparency as they do not provide an about page, disclose ownership, or name editors. Further, they do not admit their conservative bias using a vague description of the website that reads, “We bring you everything you need to know about American news…each and every day.”
Funded by / Ownership
American Journal Daily does not disclose ownership. However, a search reveals that Ryan Mauldin possibly owns them via Viral Media Partners LLC. The website does not disclose that Mauldin has worked for Republican campaigns, including Donald Trump in 2016, and publishes other conservative websites such as Patriot Journal and GOP Daily Brief. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
American Journal Daily does not conduct original reporting but rather adds commentary to news reported from other sources. We found that they use a mix of factually mixed sources such as CNN and Fox News and questionable sources such as Breitbart and the Daily Wire. Articles and headlines usually contain highly emotional wording critical of Democrats, such as this Kamala Gets Snubbed By Her Own White House Announcer – She Steps Up To Podium And He Skips Her, Introduces Union Activist Instead.
Editorially, they do not label opinion pieces but usually include right-biased opinions in news articles. All stories reviewed favor the right and denigrate the left, such as this piece Joe Biden Just Suffered A Historic Presidential Loss – Now His Republican Opponents Have A Double-Digit Lead Over Democrats. Politically, they favor border control Oversight Republicans Drop ICE Hammer On Biden – They Accuse The President’s Border Rules Of “Dereliction Of Duty,” “Affront To Law” and advocate for another Trump Presidency Trump Just Handed Biden Another Major Loss – National Poll Puts Donald Ahead Of Joe In The Handling of “Key Issues.” In general, news stories are rooted in fact but consistently only present one-sided opinions.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate American Journal Daily Right Biased based on editorial positions that favor a conservative perspective. We also rate them borderline Questionable and Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources to support their claims and a complete lack of transparency regarding their mission and ownership. (D. Van Zandt 11/17/2021) Updated (12/23/2021)
Last Updated on January 12, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am