These sources exclusively use humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people’s stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues. Primarily these sources are transparent that they are satire and do not attempt to deceive. See all Satire sources.
- Overall, we rate Conservative Tears a satire website based on full disclosure on every page they are satire.
Bias Rating: LEFT SATIRE
Factual Reporting: N/A
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: N/A
Founded in 2019, Freedom Fictions is a satire website created as part of the Last Line of Defense Network, a network of websites that publishes satire/fake news frequently shared by conservative sources. The founder is Christopher Blair, who fully states his websites are satire.
Funded by / Ownership
Christopher Blair owns Freedom Fictions through Paid Liberal Trolls Of America LLC. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
Freedom Fictions indicates they are satire through their tagline displayed on every page that reads “Fake News Fact-Checkers Fact-Checking Fake News.” The logo also contains a graphic showing they are satire. In general, this is a satire website that pokes fun at conservatives who believe and share the stories. Most stories on Freedom Fictions are fake fact checks that mock conservatives by coming up with the opposite conclusions of credible fact-checkers. For example, FACT CHECK: Was The Wheel Invented By An American As Trump Said? And Fact Check: Did SCOTUS Issue Order Removing Omar From Congress?
The website again displays on their about page that they are satire: “Everything on this website is fiction. It is not a lie, and it is not fake news because it is not real. If you believe that it is real, you should have your head examined. Any similarities between this site’s pure fantasy and actual people, places, and events are purely coincidental, and all images should be considered altered and satirical. See above if you’re still having an issue with that satire thing.”
Although this site and all of Christopher Blair’s properties disclaim they are satire, they are still frequently fact-checked by fact-checkers.
Overall, we rate Freedom Ficions a satire website based on full disclosure on every page they are satire. (D. Van Zandt 12/08/2021)
Last Updated on January 9, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am