Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim by Kamala Harris (D): “Latino small businesses are 1 in 4 new businesses, but only 1% of venture capital funding goes to Latino businesses.”
Politifact rating: Mostly True (Latino small businesses account for 1 in 4 new businesses, according to a 2021 brief from Democratic members of a congressional committee and research from a nonprofit. A 2021 report from a consulting firm found that from 2007 to 2017, Latino-owned businesses received roughly 1% of funding from the top 25 venture capitalists and private equity firms. )
Kamala Harris’ claim about Latinos getting 1% of venture capital funding is mostly right
|Claim via Social Media: Mistletoe can cure cancer.
Health Feedback rating: Unsupported (Please go see a real medical doctor for treatment.)
|Claim by the Gateway Pundit: New Washington state law allows “government to take away minors from parents if they refuse to agree to gender-transition surgery.”
Politifact rating: False (The law does not allow the government to remove minors from their parents if the parents refuse to allow them to get such care.)
Washington law doesn’t take minors from parents who refuse them gender-transition surgery
|Claim via Rumble Video: The U.S. Supreme Court overturned the 2020 general election and award the presidency to Donald Trump.
Lead Stories rating: False (He is making it up. The Supreme Court does not have the authority to overturn a general election or unilaterally award the presidency to a candidate.)
Fact Check: Supreme Court Did NOT Overturn 2020 General Election, Donald Trump NOT ‘Awarded The Presidency Of The United States’
|Claim by Nikki Haley (R): “Buyers with good credit scores will pay even more to cover for those with bad credit.”
PolitiFact rating: Mostly False (homebuyers with higher credit scores could see increased fees for a new mortgage, and people with lower credit scores will generally see fees decrease. But most high-credit homebuyers are not subsidizing fee reductions for low-credit homebuyers.)
New mortgage rules don’t punish those with good credit to reward people with bad credit
|FALSE||(International: Australia): Ivermectin is effective at treating COVID-19.
Australian Associated Press rating: False (Multiple high-quality studies conclude it is ineffective as a COVID treatment.)
Ivermectin’s race is run as studies all point to the same conclusion
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/08/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on June 8, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bioscience Resource Projectby Media Bias Fact Check on June 8, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Former Fox News host Tucker Carlson kicks off new show on Twitterby newsfactsnetwork on June 8, 2023 at 1:18 am
- Secret Service agents have testified in Trump classified documents probeby newsfactsnetwork on June 8, 2023 at 1:18 am
- U.S. Senate Leader Schedules Classified AI Briefingsby newsfactsnetwork on June 7, 2023 at 4:19 pm
- Conservatives block bills to protect gas stove amid feud over McCarthy debt dealby newsfactsnetwork on June 7, 2023 at 4:18 pm
- North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum launches long-shot 2024 GOP bidby newsfactsnetwork on June 7, 2023 at 10:16 am
- Media News: Chris Licht out at CNN after tumultuous run as CEOby Media Bias Fact Check on June 7, 2023 at 10:05 am
Be the first to comment on "The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/18/2023"