Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim by Project Veritas: Pfizer “Director Concerned Over Women’s Reproductive [Health] After COVID-19 Vaccinations.”
FactCheck.org rating: No Evidence (Studies Found No Concerns.)
|Claim by DC Draino Turning Point USA: Did Zelensky order destruction of docs linked to Hunter Biden?
Newsweek rating: False (The “letter” from the Ukrainian government has been debunked. The letter, which was circulated on Russian social media in 2022, was littered with mistakes that indicated it was translated to Ukrainian from Russian.)
|FALSE||Claim by Alex Berenson: COVID-19 vaccination is associated with all-cause excess mortality
Health Feedback rating: Unsupported (The claim’s argument relies on a correlation between vaccine coverage and excess mortality in the later months of 2022. However, previous months didn’t show this correlation. In fact, if we look at the entire time period since vaccination started in January 2021, it shows that countries with a higher vaccine coverage experienced less excess mortality.)
|Claim via Social Media: The Chinese surveillance balloon contained deadly explosives.
PolitiFact rating: Unconfirmed (No evidence)
|FALSE||Claim via Social media: People in public or Section 8 housing can’t file taxes as head of household.
USA Today rating: False (They can)
|FALSE||(International: Turkey): Footage shows a nuclear plant in Turkey exploding as a result of the recent earthquake.
Full Fact rating: False (The footage shows an explosion that occurred in Beirut in 2020.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- FDNY first responder deaths from 9/11-related diseases now equal FDNY deaths from attacksby newsfactsnetwork on September 25, 2023 at 9:30 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/25/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on September 25, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Egypt, guns, money and power at center of Menendez indictmentby newsfactsnetwork on September 25, 2023 at 4:17 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: SCOTUSblogby Media Bias Fact Check on September 25, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Ukraine’s Zelenskyy Says He Met Top Businessmen During US Visitby newsfactsnetwork on September 25, 2023 at 2:17 am
- Only one GOP candidate has completely snubbed Iowa so far: Chris Christieby newsfactsnetwork on September 24, 2023 at 3:16 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/24/2023 (Weekend Edition)by Media Bias Fact Check on September 24, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Sentencing Projectby Media Bias Fact Check on September 24, 2023 at 4:00 am