Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim via Social media: “There is an unlimited amount of oil” on Earth.
FactCheck.org rating: False (Oil is a finite resource that takes millions of years to form, according to scientists, and it can’t be replenished at anywhere near the rate at which it is being used.)
|Claim via social media: A photo shows President Joe Biden touching a child inappropriately below the waist.
AP News rating: False (Altered photo.)
|Claim via Social Media: Video shows Pfizer agreed to pay $2.3 billion in a health care fraud settlement involving COVID-19 vaccines.
Politifact rating: False (In 2009, Pfizer was fined $2.3 billion for fraudulent marketing of an anti-inflammatory drug called Bextra. The settlement came more than a decade before the COVID-19 pandemic.)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: Aluminum is the biggest contributing factor to Alzheimer’s and dementia.
USA Today rating: False (Research on the connection between aluminum and Alzheimer’s Disease has been inconclusive. Age is considered the greatest risk factor for both Alzheimer’s and dementia, though other controllable factors can also have an impact.)
|Claim by Donald Trump (R): “Many of these teachers are soldiers, ex-soldiers, ex-policeman.”
PolitiFact rating: Mostly False (only 2%)
|FALSE||(International: India): A video shows Bollywood actor Askhay Kumar condemning the arrest of former Pakistan PM Imran Khan.
The Quint rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Defying Pope’s calls for climate action, US Catholic bishops cling to fossil fuelsby newsfactsnetwork on November 30, 2023 at 7:19 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 11/30/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on November 30, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bangkok Postby Media Bias Fact Check on November 30, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Elon Musk Clarifies Israel Visit Purpose, Addresses Controversial Post and Advertiser Backlashby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 9:17 pm
- Students Walk Out at Florida High School Over Staff Reassignment Due to Transgender Athlete Policyby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 1:29 pm
- U.S. Life Expectancy Rises in 2022, Recovering from Pandemic Impactby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 10:34 am
- Trump Accuses Pence Of Trying To ‘Curry Favor’ With DOJ In Federal Election Case To Avoid Criminal Chargesby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 9:17 am
- Biden Targets Boebert in Colorado Visit Amid Political Strategyby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 8:12 am